The Summer Academic Enrichment Program is an intensive, six-week inter-professional academic enrichment program designed to enhance the academic preparation of junior and senior undergraduate students, and post-baccalaureate students, actively pursuing enrollment in a health professions school. The curriculum is designed around an inter-professional framework that provides:
- Three core courses
- Discipline specific instruction time (dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy)
- Learning skills and test-taking workshops
- Seminars featuring topics on health disparities
- Group and individual counseling
- Social and networking events
Participants are provided housing and a stipend to cover program expenses.
Application Available: November 1, 2013 – February 15, 2014
2014 Program Dates: May 21, 2014 - July 2, 2014
Visit http://www.dhsd.vcu.edu/programs/college/saep.html for more information.