The Pre-Medical Hospice Volunteer Program connects undergraduate students with patients receiving palliative care through Hospice (an organization that helps patients achieve the highest quality of care at the end of their lives). With Hospice volunteer training, regular patient visitation, and on-going support, this program offers a unique opportunity to meet directly with patients and cultivate your identity as a caregiver.
The Pre-Medical Hospice Volunteer Program includes the following components:
- 16 hours of training as a Hospice volunteer
- Weekly or bi-weekly patient visits
- A community of support shaped by Resource and Reflection meetings and online resources
- A year-end reflection essay
- A Certificate of Completion for inclusion in medical school applications
Note: This program is open to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year students regardless of religious belief, race, creed, or national origin.
If you are interested, please review the additional information and application below.
Questions? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Tina Huey-Commers at email@example.com with Hospice of the Piedmont.