Work Directly with Doctors Across The Spectrum In Their Day-To-Day Practice
Scribekick has a variety of full and part-time medical scribe jobs with doctors across a wide range of specialties in various locations throughout the mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
What Is Scribing?
As a medical scribe, you’ll chart each patient’s electronic medical record, allowing doctors to focus their attention strictly on the patient. This streamlines operations at the office and gives doctors more time to treat patients.
Scribekick works with doctors across the medical spectrum. Here are a few areas we currently specialize in:
- Primary Care: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics
- Medical Specialties: Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary, Radiation Oncology, PM&R/pain
- Surgical/procedural specialties: Orthopedic, General, Breast, Urology, Dermatology
Medical Scribe Requirements
- Full-time commitment: We prefer scribes who can commit to working full time with a particular doctor for one year. This lets you form a close working relationship and be of the greatest help to the practice. However, part-time opportunities are also available.
- Punctual and responsible: The practice is going to rely on you for smooth operation, so you must have the utmost commitment to daily attendance.
- Excellent communicator: Listening is key to being a successful scribe. You’ll also need to be able to quickly and efficiently communicate with your doctor, which entails a complete command of written and verbal English.
- Superior multi-tasking and computer skills: These positions require almost constant work on a tablet or computer; the more accurate and speedy your typing and the better you’re able to juggle multiple tasks, the greater of an asset you’ll be to your doctor.
- Keen attention to detail: Charting in an EMR is an exacting practice. You’ll need to be alert at all times and adept at catching even the most trivial of mistakes.
- Significant interest in the field: You’re going to be immersed in the specialty of the practice. If you’re brimming with interest in the field and are thinking of pursuing it in future studies, this will benefit you as well as the doctor.
- Unbeatable Experience: As you know, when it comes to deciding upon a future field of study, there’s no substitute for experience. During your work, you’ll essentially be shadowing one particular doctor day in, day out. This is an unparalleled opportunity for you to get a sense for what it’s really like providing care in your field. Plus, you’ll have a huge leg up on students who come into medical school without such practical experience.
- In-Depth Training: Before you start, you’ll be put through an intense, fully-compensated training regimen to get you up to speed with scribing as well as the particular specialty of your practice.