The internship is a semester long program for up to 6 undergraduate/graduate students interested in joining a fast-paced, start-up styled team in higher education. Goals of the program include:
- Develop, support, advance community outreach and pipeline programs within the District of Columbia, middle schools, high schools to begin to scope out talent pipeline partnerships.
- Benchmark diversity strategies across the country and across different sectors (tech, education, business) and adapt them to the school of medicine
- Build a supportive community on campus that connects students, faculty and staff and feature our diverse populations
- Work with our renowned Georgetown Experimental Medical Studies (GEMS) Program.
- Launch an exciting social media campaign to build an incredible community on social media spotlighting students and diversity and inclusion work at the School of Medicine.
Summer Dates: June 12 - August 11, 2017
Compensation: $11.50 per hour
Mentorship: Direct mentorship with supervisor and 1-1 career coaching and development.
Prime Networking Opportunities
Apply online here!
If you have questions, please call 202-687-1406 or email Jasmin Lara at email@example.com.
Applications are due by April 28, 2017 at midnight, however early applications are encouraged as they will be reviewed on a rolling basis.