The Program in Narrative Medicine of Columbia University and the American Medical Student Association are co-sponsoring our third intensive Summer Institute in Narrative Medicine. We are seeking pre-medical college undergraduates and medical students, and those studying in other health care fields, who want to develop knowledge and skill in Narrative Medicine. This five-day institute will deliver keynote lectures and small-group training in the fundamentals of narrative approaches to clinical care.
- Receive intensive training in close reading, creative writing, and reflective practice
- Learn from the national leaders in inter-professional and inter-disciplinary education and team-building
- Hands-on creative projects in language, visual art, performance art, and multi-media
- Study with Master of Science in Narrative Medicine graduates, students, and faculty
- Visit New York resources in the arts, music, and theater
Location: Columbia University Medical Center, Hammer Health Sciences Building, 701 W. 168th Street, New York, NY 10032
Get more information and register now! The registration fee of $395 includes breakfast and lunch each day. The registration fee does not include travel or housing. Membership in AMSA is required to participate in the Institute. For non-members the $445 registration fee includes an AMSA membership in the appropriate membership category.