The department offers volunteer positions for students who are interested in athletic training, physical therapy, medicine, or other allied health professions.
- Students will be scheduled for 3 clinical shifts in the athletic training room (UHall or McCue) with a minimum time requirement of 9-10 hours per week.
- Students will attend one Sunday night in-service at beginning of the semester and a weekly educational in-service from 7:00-7:45 am on Wednesdays in the McCue Athletic Training room. Students may receive 2 credit hours for attending all of the in-services and completing the weekly competencies.
- Students will also be required to work at least one 3-hour shift at an UVa athletic event per semester outside of their clinic shifts.
- At the conclusion of the semester, students will be evaluated on their performance. Students that choose to continue with the sports medicine program may be eligible for a stipend and earn an assignment to work with an athletic team pending positive reviews by our staff.
- Commit to at least one semester on the program
Wednesday, April 27 – Fall Volunteer Applications due by 5pm
Wednesday, May 3 – Fall Volunteer Informational meeting (time TBD)
If you are a rising first year looking to get involved, call (434)-243-2423.
More information and the application cam be found on the website at: http://www.virginiasports.com/sports-med/undergraduate-volunteers.html