Save the date for the AAVMC Webinar: Meet VMCAS 2017. This one hour webinar will introduce you to the VMCAS2017 application. Walk through the application, learn how to enter your information, and find out where to get support during the application cycle
Date: Friday, May 13th
Click here to register now!
Helpful Tips for VMCAS from the AAVMC
- Read the application information and instructions carefully
- Apply early!
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all application materials are submitted properly and by the appropriate deadline
- The web application opens on May 11, 2016
- Complete the prerequisite courses required by the colleges. You can find a complete list of prerequisites here.
- As of last year, many schools have discontinued external supplemental applications in favor of placing additional questions in the program materials section of VMCAS. Be sure to check with your school(s) to determine supplemental status.
- Consult your pre-health advisor for assistance with your personal statement.
- Review the College Descriptor Pages to determine any college-specific requirements.
- Set up your VMCAS account immediately to obtain (and write down) your VMCAS ID.
- Print your application before you submit for your records. You will not be able to print a copy of your application once the application officially closes.
- Review your application for accuracy before submitting.