Augusta Medical Group in Fishersville, VA (just 30 minutes west of Charlottesville) is creating a brand-new Medical Scribe Program for their Gastroenterology and Pulmonary departments. They have contracted with the ScribeAmerica company to hire and train their Medical Scribes. Accordingly, ScribeAmerica is recruiting outstanding students and recent graduates interested in careers in medicine to begin staffing their program. It is one of the largest scribe companies in the United States with over 3000 scribes.
The job opportunity is called a “Medical Scribe;” acting as personal assistants to the physician and perform all of their non-patient-care tasks. These include documentation, patient tracking, organization, and much more. We seek extremely motivated, sharp, and adaptable students who perform well in a fast-paced and high-energy environment. Because you will work one-on-one with a board certified physician for the entirety of their shift you become intimately familiar with gastroenterology and pulmonary medicine. Additionally you gain first-hand experience documenting exactly like a physician; a skill that is invaluable later for any career in health.
- Offers paid one-on-one time with healthcare providers.
- Paid training providing a crash course in gastroenterology and pulmonary medicine.
- Wages are $8/hr initially, raised to $10 per hour after 3 months of work.
- Flexible shift scheduling (both part time and full time opportunities are available)
- You get full exposure to a real healthcare facility.
How to Apply:
Follow instructions there to find the application.
Contact Jacob Leoni, Junior Project Leader, email@example.com